Sustainability has always been a claim of our company. Thus, our products are based on a material basis of 100 % recycled steel scrap – and this since 1953
The protection of our environment is an integral part of all activities at Fritz Winter. We continuously invest in the development of innovative, sustainable and safe products and processes that are optimized for a low energy and raw material consumption, saving of resources and minimal emissions. For example, we use the waste heat from our processes to heat buildings and water.
Fritz Winter is proud of an interdisciplinary environmental department that promotes in-house solutions, for example special filter techniques, and works out applications to authorities. A certified environmental management (DIN EN ISO 14001:2015) as well as a certified energy management system (DIN EN ISO 50001:2018-12) are natural for us.
By means of the systematic improvement of our environmental performance we are winning valuable freedom in order to further develop our company.
With our new production line ecoCasting we are setting new benchmark standards for quality and environment in the foundry industry.
- Our emission values are far below the legal requirements (by up to 95%)
- Our immission values are far below the legal requirements (by up to 90%)
- In the last 3 years FW invested 11,6 Millions of Euro in additional clean air technology
- 230 “representatives” monitor our exhaust air purification installations
- From 2014 to 2015, the “TÜV SÜD” carried out measurements of the quality of the air at 12 measuring points in the urban area of Stadtallendorf – all limit values are safely respected.
- Since 1988 until today, we have been able to reduce our consumption of potable water for the production of 1 ton iron castings by 67 %.
- Fritz Winter has been member of the Global Compact of the United Nations since 2007 already. With this, we proscribe compulsory labour or child labour and stand up for the recognition of human rights, equality of opportunities and environmental protection.